LIBBEY


Libbey has its roots in East Cambridge, Massachusetts, home of the New England Glass Company which was founded in 1818. William L. Libbey took over the company in 1878 and renamed it the New England Glass Works, Wm. L. Libbey & Sons Props. In 1888, facing growing competition, Edward Drummond Libbey moved the company to Toledo, Ohio. The Northwest Ohio area offered abundant natural gas resources and access to large deposits of high quality sand. Toledo also had a network of railroad and steamship lines, making it an ideal location for the company. In 1892, the name was changed to The Libbey Glass Company.

​​With innovation as its cornerstone, Libbey quality, consistency, and exceptional customer service have become the standard in the industry. Libbey continues to invest in state-of-the-art production equipment and faster and more efficient manufacturing technologies, allowing it to create the most significant introductions in the foodservice and consumer markets.
Show:
Sort By: